Saturday, February 11, 2012

Raindrops

This I learned from an afternoon I spent listening to music composed for me the rain. It 'been a bit' I really stopped and listened to all the other sounds around me. The rain, a little 'angry roof has taught me a lesson. Play.

Lately, I've never done anything to complain about many things. Put the blame on something when things go wrong just hide under the safety net. I never realized that I'm part of that. I tried to close his eyes from the cruelty of the world, without realizing that I was responsible for a heart pain.

I am a terrible woman. I have removed the only person who saw the goodness in me. The only person who reminded me of the rhythms and rhymes that I have long forgotten. He gave me back my melodies. Brought me back to the sweet smell of home in the middle of this crowd unknown. Even with the little strength he had left at the end of the day, I was cradled in her arms the way a baby gate at dawn.

Perhaps you might think that I went crazy for him away. I could not `t blame you. How could I turn my back on someone so wonderful, so funny, so spontaneous? As I said, I went crazy. Lost control. I was angry with the world. Drained from all the pressure at work. These may be perfectly good enough excuse but not enough to justify what I did. The truth is ... I was so scared. So afraid to tell him that I really wanted was to go home to him as night falls. I did the opposite. Words failed me. How long does it take to heal the wound? I want to know the answer.

All I could do is listen to the sound of raindrops at this time. Hoping that his heavy rain would drown the sound of my own heartbeat. I learned to listen, but this time I do not want. Let the rain fall this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment