Thursday, June 7, 2012

Mrs

That what we really want ...

One thing you want ...

My guess is that you want so badly crave it - hunger is.

And if you got it, all my life will light the sky during a fireworks display. The fact is that we do not really want to know - this is done, but I do not know until you do, and until you understand it, you'll just notice a very large void in your life. Let me explain.

One thing we all love, above almost all else, is the admiration and appreciation of our parents, partners and colleagues. To do something and say, 'well done' or 'I'm proud of you' or 'I respect you for making a great effort' means just as much. But how do you get?

Easy ... the damage.

Give what you want, you often get what they want. Here I'm going to tell a story of my clients told me after a coaching session on giving appreciation.

"Each, in turn, five of us, we all said what we thought, actually speak from the heart.

I watched my mother, the person getting all the attention, sitting two seats away from me at the dining table, tears in her eyes and her chin quivering slightly.

I then realized that he had been too long since he heard a decent, heartfelt compliment. 'I appreciate the way you put out,' I said. 'I appreciate as always make me feel welcome,' said my girlfriend. 'I appreciate the way you're always there,' my father said. And then it was the turn of his grandchildren.

His ten years Grandson said, 'I appreciate your sandwich' and her four year old daughter chirped up. 'I like your hair.'

From that day we decided to have an evaluation session on every birthday, every Father's Day and Mother's Day too. And I must say that these events have really taken on a new meaning and more special.

On my birthday I could not wait to hear all the beautiful things people thought of me. And silly as this may sound I would rather present their compliments - even if the gifts were really nice too! But here is something that I found it really powerful. Compliments are like fairy dust - magic! "

What a great story. Sprinkle that fairy dust on the road and watch the magic in your world. People smile at you, people compliment you back. Some look at you, lost: the grumpy cashier at the bank and the family could not have complimented complimented.

No comments:

Post a Comment